Developmental Need of Children:
1. Provide a warm, caring and loving environment for children.
2. Respect the uniqueness and talents of each child.
3. Plan developmentally appropriate play and learning experiences.
4. Enhance each child’s self esteem and independence.
5. Provide safe and healthy care for children.
6. Recognise children’s interests and provide for their needs
8. Teach communication skills and help them to interact effectively.
Interaction with Parents/Employers:
1. Meet the family before undertaking employment and obtain if not already provided a
written agreement of work.
2. Develop positive and effective communication with the family.
3. Show sensitivity to the family’s situations, individual needs and support them in their
task of nurturing children.
4. Respect the family’s confidentiality and right to privacy.
5. Work in partnership with the parents in child rearing practices and respect their culture
6. Keep individual record and health documentation.
7. Perform duties as negotiated and keep to routine times.
Personal Development and Professionalism:
1. Maintain high standard of professional conduct.
2. Update qualifications including 1st Aid Training and continue to undertake professional
3. Maintain an appropriate appearance, be a language model and demonstrate manners.
4. Use initiative and evaluate programs and work practises.
5. Work within Child Care Regulations and duty of care, this includes having a current Working with Children’s Check. WWC
6. Understand the limits of competence and work within them.